If you are a writer then you might face the problem that you are running out of words or ideas. It’s not a big thing to worry about, every writer faces this problem and it’s not permanent so sit back, relax and read the tips given below.
- Ask your Audience- Asking from different people makes this process kind of interesting because different people have different thinking and mindset so they can give you an interesting idea that you might not able to think and sometimes they showcase a regular topic from a different angle which might help you write on a topic from a different point of view.
- Try Different Genres- Trying different genres might help you to write, sometimes a writer continuously writes around the same topic and got stuck in a comfort zone. Having a strong zone is not a bad thing but constantly writing about the same topic might lead you to writer’s block. Consuming different genres helps you to find new topics and gives you a sensibility to understand the context of the different situations to write on.
- Write About Something Else- Whenever I feel that I’m having writer’s block, I just leave that project start working on other things. Diverting your attention from a temporary block and starts working on some unrelated project, gives you a creative boost. When you return to that project your temporary block might have gone.
- Write Anything- Write anything that you might not want to show anyone. Simply write rubbish. This might sound stupid but it works, sitting on two different chairs interrogating yourself. Going through two completely different moods might pop up something.
- Ask Your Friend- Narrowing down your audiences to 1 makes you more decisive. Sometimes explaining where you got stuck to someone, helps you to find the solution to your problems. Despite its simplicity, this is an extremely effective method.
- Let Your Frustration Out- Letting out the frustration of not being able to write is the best way to relax your mind and get your creativity back. Nobody wants to read the content which is written by a frustrated typewriter. So, let it all out, take a deep breath and then write.
- Take a Break- Taking a break from a temporary block, helps you to divert your attention from that block and unwind your mind to get back the focus to write. If you keeping pushing yourself to write even in this situation, you might end up ruining your project.
- Let Your Subconscious Do the Work- When you feel blocked, step back and sit and let your subconscious handle the business. When you are relaxing don’t even think about the story, your subconscious will automatically start grinding in the background. When your subconscious is done, it will let you know.
- Stay Put- Most of the writers don’t get up from their chairs while they were writing. Keep pushing yourself up to a certain limit is good. It increases your caliber to think and write, even when you feel low or blocked.
- Give Yourself a Reason to Write- Inner motivation for anyone is effective when it comes to solving the problem. Take an example of a writer, he is new in the industry and wants to become a pioneer in this industry but the problem is that his bills arrive before his salary. What’s he going to do, have writer’s block or write until his eyes become red?
- Get Some Sleep- In the writing of the game, writers have to finish their job before the clock runs out. Because of the rectification and improvement process, it is necessary. But if you want to clear your temporary block, just go and get asleep. Sleep is the best tool for recovering creativity. While having a busy schedule, you should manage your time according to your work.
Quick Conclusion- Whenever you are having writer’s block, take a break, try different genres, give yourself a reason to write, get help from a friend, let it out, and most important Get some sleep.